Minutes of Basilica of St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Women’s Club Meeting October 12, 2022
- The meeting was called to order by President, Jennifer Tinkler, followed by an opening prayer and the pledge of allegiance.
- Secretary’s report was presented by Penny Rose with no changes noted.
- Treasurer’s report was given by Melanie Fouss with a balance of $8,091.65 with $5,194.00 earmarked for the water well project. The report noted expenses incurred by the CWC for purchasing meat for the upcoming Italian dinner on November 6.
- Sunshine report – Carol Antill. Carol is continuing to send out greeting cards to parishioners. Please let her know if you would like her to send a card to someone.
- Book Club update – interest continues to be strong. The next meeting is October 26, and the book is “Ripped at the Root”. All are welcome.
- Outreach Committee update
- The Box of Joy project began on October 1 and runs through November 5. The school will donate contents for approx. 50 boxes and the committee will pack. It was suggested that the children in the religious education program could assist in packing boxes as well as the youth group.
- December 11 is the Christmas cookie walk after all masses. More details to come.
- Jennifer Tinkler will talk with Father Mike regarding the coat drive. Would like to have it the first of January before it gets cold, and the collection of coats will go to the gospel mission.
- Fall festival for the school, November 6. CWC will prepare an Italian dinner, and proceeds will go to the school.
- There will be a country store during the dinner and a vendor fair. The CWC will have two tables for the church gift shop.
- Judy McCoy provided a list of those who volunteered to help with the dinner. Still looking for more help with setup and cleanup. Could the teachers assist with the dinner? Janet Schilling will check with the principal.
- The Jubilee of Marriage is also on Sunday, November 6. It will be a catered reception for 100, and Jennifer Tinkler and Laura Riley will staff.
- Volunteers are needed to help with a tour luncheon on October 23 after the noon mass. Please contact Jennifer Tinkler if you are interested in helping.
- The CWC adopted two seminarians. Melanie Fouss will ask Carol Antill to send cards and prayers are encouraged for the two seminarians.
- A welcome reception for Father Maxfield will be held on Sunday, October 16 following all masses. If you can assist with the reception, please let Laura know.
- The Daily Bread Kitchen donated surplus supplies to the CWC. Carol will send a thank you card.
The next meeting will be Wednesday, November 2, 2022, at 6:00 PM.
Basilica of St. Mary Assumption