Catholic Faith Formation is a major emphasis at the Basilica of St. Mary The Assumption. Our Faith Formation Program offers weekly classes for children – Pre-K through 8th grade from September – April.
- Classes are held in the Basilica Social Hall from 8:45 to 9:45 AM each Sunday.
- Our religious education program will be using a new series entitled Faith and Life series from Ignatius Press.
FORMED The Catholic Faith On Demand. Get thousands of movies, programs, audio, and books instantly.) Subscription is FREE.
- Go to formed.org
- Click sign in as a parishioner
- Enter zip code 45750 and click on The Basilica of St. Mary of the Assumption – OH – 45750.
- Click Next to Create New Account.
THE CATECHISM ON THE DUTY OF PARENTS:
#2223 Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children…
#2224 The home is the natural environment for initiating a human being into solidarity and communal responsibilities…
#2225 Through the grace of the sacrament of marriage, parents receive the responsibility and privilege of evangelizing their children. Parents should initiate their children at an early age into the mysteries of the faith of which they are the “first heralds” for their children. They should associate them from their tenderest years with the life of the Church. A wholesome family life can foster interior dispositions that are a genuine preparation for a living faith and remain a support for it throughout one’s life.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS