Religious Education is a major emphasis here at St. Mary Basilica. Parents with school age children (Pre-K through 8th Grade) are strongly encouraged to enroll their children in St. Mary School where they can receive a complete Catholic education, including daily religion classes.
Those who choose to enroll their children in another school are invited to participate in our Parish School of Religion, CCD. This program offers religious education classes on a weekly basis from mid-September until the end of April.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING LOGISTICS:
- Classes will take place at St. Mary Catholic School.
- Classes will run from 9:05 – 9:50 AM (45 minutes total).
- Our new streamlined class schedule, on the grounds of the Basilica, enables families to more easily participate in Sunday Mass, which is the cornerstone of our Catholic Faith.
- Our religious education program will be using a new series entitled Spirit of Truth from Sophia Institute for Teachers, a division of Sophia Institute Press.
Learn more here.
To register for the program, parents must complete:
- ONE Registration Form (A or B):
Form A (for students enrolled last year) PDF or WORD (fill-able)
Form B (for students NOT enrolled last year) PDF OR WORD (fill-able)
THE CATECHISM ON THE DUTY OF PARENTS:
#2223 Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children…
#2224 The home is the natural environment for initiating a human being into solidarity and communal responsibilities…
#2225 Through the grace of the sacrament of marriage, parents receive the responsibility and privilege of evangelizing their children. Parents should initiate their children at an early age into the mysteries of the faith of which they are the “first heralds” for their children. They should associate them from their tenderest years with the life of the Church. A wholesome family life can foster interior dispositions that are a genuine preparation for a living faith and remain a support for it throughout one’s life.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS