Minutes of Basilica of St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Women’s Club Meeting August 4, 2022
- The meeting was called to order by Vice President, Laura Riley, followed by an opening prayer and the pledge of allegiance.
- Secretary, Penny Rose, was absent so no report was available.
- No written treasurer’s report was given, but Treasurer, Melanie Fouss, reported that the CWC balance was $8147, with $4169 dedicated to the water well project.
- Sunshine report – it was suggested that cards be sent to several people – the Mark Bradley family; Jennifer and Frank Zide; and Evelyn Hawn
- Book Club update – Debbie Lazorik thanked the group for the stipend to purchase books. Books for the next book club meeting are available in the church library. People are asked to return these after 2 weeks so others can check them out. Copies of past books that were read in the book club are on the lower shelves of the book club’s bookcase. The next meeting is August 31 and the book is “The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell” by Robert Dugoni.
- Outreach update –
- The Plato clothes drive is cancelled for August.
- The Bread Garage fund raiser is postponed due to a schedule conflict.
- The Box of Joy project will begin in October
- Outreach events have been put on the Basilica website
- There was some discussion about whether the grief books should go to other funeral homes. The price for the books has gone up. No decision was made.
- A donation of $150 was made to Vacation Bible School.
- Janet Steinel made a monthly calendar of CWC’s annual events. It will be sent to all members.
- Sue Lambert brought up the increasing cost for disposable paper products which are used at the funeral dinners. It was discussed whether we should begin using the glass plates that we have. It was decided that the amount of time it would take to wash all the plates and bowls could make it burdensome for the volunteers.
- Fall Festival – We voted to do a dinner on Sunday, November 6 for the festival. It was decided to do an Italian dinner.
- We will start the monthly celebration of donuts and coffee in October
- The meeting was adjourned.
The next meeting will be September 7.
Nancy Funk, acting secretary for Penny Rose
Basilica of St. Mary of the Assumption